Associate Director of Development
Friends of the Children - New York is looking for its very first Associate Director of Development to join our growing family. Reporting to the Development Director, this is a newly constructed role that is responsible for donor stewardship. Established in 2000, Friends New York is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that is demanding equity for youth and families impacted by systems. We do this by providing 12 + years of individualized, professional mentorship and systems change advocacy - no matter what.
Friends New York is in year four of a five-year, $17 M campaign to double its number of children and youth served and expand its reach and impact on caregivers and families impacted by the criminal justice and foster care systems. Over the first three years of the campaign, we have successfully tripled our number of donors from 400 to more than 1,500. These donors are ready to be stewarded by a strong fundraiser with the skills, experience, and passion to successfully increase their support while building and cultivating a pipeline of new supporters.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, a stellar communicator, results-driven, and deeply passionate about the mission of Friends New York. This is an exciting opportunity to help ensure the fiscal sustainability and future growth of our organization
- Increase the number of donors and the average size of their gifts with accountability to the department's ambitious fundraising goals laid out in our 5-year fundraising plan
- Collaborate with the development director and executive director to carefully plan and implement a highly customized strategy for each prospect and donor
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit new donors (leverage events, panel discussions, social media, etc.)
- Steward a growing portfolio of donors and present opportunities that lead to increased gift size
- Determine donor interests and match them with targeted giving and engagement opportunities
- Ensure timely and appropriate donor acknowledgment
- Passion for Friends New York’s mission and a deep commitment to equity.
- 4-year degree or relevant experience with 3+ years of fundraising experience in a non-profit setting.
- Goal-driven with exemplary communication skills as well as attention to accuracy and detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Fundraising database experience.
- Strong organizational skills to handle several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
To apply, send a cover letter that speaks to your specific interest in Friends of the Children New York and your qualifications for the role and a resume to email@example.com.
Benefits include generous vacation and sick time, health, dental, vision, 401k, long-term disability, short-term disability, life insurance.
FOTCNY has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy for all staff members. Reasonable accommodations will be made for all new hires with a valid medical or religious exemption.
Friends NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to addressing discriminatory practices, and to working toward racial equity. The equal employment opportunity policy of Friends NY provides fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. Friends NY hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
One Friend. One Child. 12+ years. No matter what.
To learn more about Friends New York go to: https://friendsnewyork.org/